Friday, May 9, 2014


 

The Project

•What was your biggest struggle during this project?

My biggest struggle was the editing. I did not have any previous background with documentaries. Our group had to ask the helpful people at the media depot a lot.

•What aspect of the documentary makes you most proud?

I am most proud of the focus. I feel like it finally came together as what goes into the park.

•What aspect of the documentary would you have changed?

The sound quality is something I would change. With more time we might have been able to get more interviews with better sound quality.

•What aspects of the project were you personally responsible for? Please be specific as possible.

In the beginning I was documented as being in charge of the sound. I feel like that changed throughout the processes. Everyone helped out with everything.

•We can all agree that group is frustrating. What did you do to try to promote a healthy group atmosphere? What more do you wish you had done to help the group?  Do you feel like you contributed a fair amount to the overall project?

I just tried to be at all of the group meetings and help with anything I could. I feel like I did not bring that much to the table in the group but I was always there to help anyone who needed it which I feel was appreciated. I wish I had documentary expertise.

The Class

 

•This course is designed to help you hone your critical thinking skills. Was it successful?

Yes. The discussions were helpful in making me think. I liked the way that they were set up.

•Another goal of this course is to challenge you with new technologies and communication techniques. Did you enjoy learning about how different styles of communication function, or would you have preferred writing 4 essays?

I did enjoy learning to work the different types of technology but I don’t think my writing skills improved that much in this course because I did not really get any feedback on my writing. I did like the discussions in the class.

•My goal as an instructor is to help draw out the abilities you already possess, and focus them into new applications. Was my style helpful? Would you have preferred more lectures? More discussion? More homework?

I feel like it was helpful. I started thinking differently with the discussions. I feel like there could have been less of the documentary discussions even though they were fun. I feel like they did not really draw out my abilities.

•What can I do in the future to make this class better?

I really enjoyed the class.

•If you could change one thing about this course, what would it be?

Maybe more direction with the shark tank speech. I feel like it was very open ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment